Designer: Jörg Bernauer
- Conductive upholstery fabric in four colours or black synthetic leather
- Backrest shell with special conductive paint
- Armrests made from special plastic and armrest tops with special paint finish
- Elastic, conductive connection bands with silver content
- Modified lift column
- EPA suitability label
- Star base and castors are conductive
The Mera ESD task chair (mer98 and mer98k) meets ESD protection requirements. It is suitable for use in electrostatically protected areas (EPA) as specified by DIN EN 61340-5-1 VDE 0300-5-1:2017-07.
The construction and materials used for the Mera ESD (mer98 and mer98k) conduct electrostatic charges through the upholstery, armrests and back via the mechanism, gas spring and star base
down to the ground.