As part of our effort to continuously improve our relationship with you, we occasionally ask you to participate in our customer surveys. The results of the surveys are used to better tailor our products and services to your needs.
Your needs are important to us, and we make every effort to offer you information about products and services that suit you perfectly. To do this, we draw on the findings from our joint business relationship as well as from market research. The main aim is to tailor our product suggestions to your needs. In this context, we guarantee that we will always process data in accordance with applicable data-protection laws. Important: You may object to the use of your personal data for this purpose at any time.
- 184.108.40.206 NEWSLETTER
You are welcome to sign up through our website to receive our newsletter. We shall require your e-mail address to send it to you; all other information is voluntary. You will begin receiving our newsletter only after successful completion of a double opt-in procedure. You have the right to view your declaration of consent, or to unsubscribe from the newsletter, at any time. Links to this effect are implemented in every cover letter accompanying our newsletter. If you should unsubscribe to our newsletter, we will promptly delete your contact details from our newsletter distribution list.
The laws place certain requirements with regard to the effectiveness of the kind of electronic statement of consent used to subscribe to the newsletter. This also includes the logging of your declaration of consent. This is why we log the date and time of the consent, the text of the declaration of consent, a record of whether the checkbox was ticked, your e-mail address and all other optional information. We also log the date and time of the click on the confirmation link and on the link in the confirmation e-mail. We collect these disclosures exclusively to comply with legal obligations.
220.127.116.11 MEASURES THAT SERVE YOUR SAFETY
We make use of your personal information in the following cases, among others:
· To protect you and/or your enterprise from fraudulent activity, we analyse your data. This may occur, for instance, if you have been the victim of an identity theft, or if unauthorised persons have gained access to your user account in some other way;
· To improve the reliability of our web applications, our IT support staff work closely with you in the event of technical problems. In this context, we also evaluate logging of page views, actions performed, etc.;
· To ensure IT security;
· In the event of possible legal disputes, this permits us to record and demonstrate facts.
1.4.3 BASED ON YOUR CONSENT
We are permitted to process your data if you have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specified purposes. You may withdraw this consent, effective for the future, at any time without incurring any costs other than the basic rates of transmission (the costs associated with your Internet connection). Withdrawal of consent, however, does not affect the legality of processing performed prior to the withdrawal.
1.4.4 BASED ON REQUIREMENTS OF LAW, OR IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST
As a company, we are subject to a very wide array of legal requirements (under tax legislation, for instance). In order to meet our legal obligations, we process your personal data to the extent necessary.
1.5 WHERE WE TRANSMIT DATA, AND WHY
1.5.1 DATA USAGE WITHIN SEDUS/KLÖBER
Within SEDUS/KLÖBER, access to your personal information is granted only to such entities as require it to meet our contractual or legal obligations, or to protect our legitimate interests.
1.5.2 DATA USAGE BEYOND SEDUS/KLÖBER
We respect the protection of your personal data and will share information about you only if required to do so by law, or if you have consented to our doing so, or in order to meet contractual obligations.
A legal obligation to disclose your personal data is considered, for example, for the following recipients:
- Public agencies or supervisory authorities,e.g. tax authorities, customs authorities;
- Judicial and law-enforcement agencies, e.g. police, courts, public prosecutor’s offices;
- Lawyers or notaries, e.g. in the event of legal disputes;
We cooperate with other companies in order to be able to meet our contractual obligations. These include:
- Transport service providers and freight forwarders;
- Event organisers and providers of training services, if you have registered for certain trade fairs or events through us;
- Banks and providers of financial services for the handling of all financial matters.
Own service providers
To make our operations efficient, we rely on the services of external service providers; these providers may receive personal information about you in fulfilment of the purposes described. They include providers of IT services, printing and telecommunications service providers, collection firms, and consulting or sales companies.
Important: We pay very close attention to your personal data!
We have concluded job-processing agreements as appropriate as a way to ensure that the same standards of data protection that apply in our company are met by these service providers as well. Among other things, these agreements provide:
- that third parties are given access only to such data as they require to perform the tasks assigned to them;
- that access to your data is given only such employees of these service providers who have explicitly committed to complying with the data-protection regulations;
- that the service providers will comply with technical and organisational measures to ensure data security and data protection;
- what happens to the data when the business relationship between the service provider and us is terminated.
For service providers with registered offices outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we take special security measures (e.g. through the use of special contract clauses) to ensure that the data are treated with the same degree of prudence as applies within the EEA. We regularly check all of our service providers for their compliance with our specifications.
Tremendously important: Under no circumstances do we sell your personal data to third parties!
1.5.3 DATA USAGE WITHIN THE SEDUS/KLÖBER GROUP
In our effort to offer you the best service possible, we occasionally exchange data within the Group. In doing so, we ensure that the applicable data-protection regulations are observed and that your personal data are appropriately protected at all times.
For this reason, we have taken appropriate measures to ensure compliance with data protection within the SEDUS/KLÖBER Group:
We have concluded agreements to this effect with the individual subsidiaries in order to ensure that personal data shared within the Group remain protected at all times.
In accordance with these agreements and applicable data-protection law, we transfer personal data to our production and distribution subsidiaries only for the purposes spelled out in this Privacy Statement. In doing so, we assist our subsidiaries not only operationally but also in their compliance with such technical and organisational measures as those we apply at the parent company in the effort to ensure the security of your personal data. Wherever possible, we protect your data through measures for pseudonymisation or anonymisation. If subsidiaries are located outside the EEA, we take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal data processed there are just as protected as they are within the EEA.
1.6 ARE YOU REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We require you to provide the following categories of personal data in the context of the business relationship between you and Klöber GmbH:
- all necessary data for the establishment and execution of a business relationship;
- data required to fulfil contractual obligations;
- data we are required by law to collect.
Without these data, we cannot enter into or execute contracts with you.
1.7 DELETION DEADLINES
In accordance with applicable regulations for data protection, we do not store your personal data any longer than we need to for processing purposes. If the data are no longer required to meet contractual or legal obligations, we regularly delete them unless their temporary storage is still required. Continued retention may owe to the following reasons:
- There are retention requirements under commercial or fiscal law that must be observed: The retention periods based mainly on the provisions of the German Commercial Code and the German Tax Code range up to 10 years.
- To preserve evidence in the event of legal dispute within the context of the statutory periods of limitation: Under civil law, periods of limitation can range up to 30 years, though the regular period of limitation takes effect after three years’ time.
1.8 YOUR RIGHTS
You also have certain rights where the processing of your personal data is concerned. More details can be found in the corresponding provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (there, in Articles 15 to 21).
1.8.1 RIGHT OF ACCESS AND RECTIFICATION
You have the right to obtain information from us indicating which of your personal data we process. You can request that we rectify any information that is not correct (any more); if disclosures are incomplete, you can request that we supplement them. If we have passed your data along to third parties, we shall inform the corresponding third parties where the legal situation indicates.
1.8.2 RIGHT TO ERASURE
You may request the immediate erasure of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If your personal information is no longer required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected;
- If you have revoked your consent, and there is no other legal basis for data processing;
- If you object to processing of your data, and there are no overriding, legitimate reasons for data processing;
- If your personal data are unlawfully processed;
- If your personal data must be deleted to comply with legal obligations.
Please note that, before we delete your data, we must verify that there is no legitimate reason to process your personal information.
1.8.3 RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING (‘RIGHT TO BLOCK’)
You may require us to restrict processing of your personal data for one of the following reasons:
- If you contest the accuracy of the data, until we have had an opportunity to verify the accuracy of the data;
- If the data are processed unlawfully but, in lieu of deletion, you only require restriction of the use of the personal data;
- If we no longer need the personal data for processing purposes but you require these data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- If you have objected to processing of the data, and it is still unclear whether your legitimate interests outweigh ours.
1.8.4 RIGHT TO OBJECT
18.104.22.168 CASE-BY-CASE RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If the data are processed based on a public interest or a balancing of interests, you have the right to object to processing of the data for reasons arising from your particular situation. In the event of an objection, we will not process your personal data any further, unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds, worthy of protection, for processing your data, and these grounds outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or because your personal data serve the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. The objection does not preclude the lawfulness of processing that has occurred up until the time of the objection.
22.214.171.124 RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE USE OF YOUR DATA FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
In those cases in which your personal information is used for promotional measures, you can object to this form of processing at any time. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection may be lodged informally and should be addressed to:
Telephone: +49 (0) 75 51 - 838-0
1.8.5 RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
Upon request, you have the right to obtain, in a portable, machine-readable format, personal data you have provided to us us for processing.
1.8.6 RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY (ART. 77 GDPR)
We make every attempt to process your requests and claims as quickly as possible in order to protect your rights accordingly. Depending on the frequency of requests, however, it may take up to 30 days to provide you with further information with regard to your concern. If it should happen to take longer than this, we will promptly notify you of the reasons for the delay and consult with you about the further steps going forward.
There may be cases in which we are unable to provide you with any information, or prevented from doing so. Where legally permissible, we shall notify you of the reason for the denial of information.
If you are not satisfied with our answers and responses, however, or are of the view that we are in violation of applicable data-protection law, you are free to file a complaint both with our Data Protection Officer and with the appropriate supervisory authority. The supervisory authority with jurisdiction in our case is:
Landesbeauftragter für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg
Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, Germany
Postal address: Postfach 10 29, 32 70025 Stuttgart, Germany
This Privacy Statement is dated 24 July 2018. Registered customers will be informed of any changes in the Privacy Statement. Previous versions of this Privacy Statement are available through the website, or through our Data Protection Officer.